Edit the “snippet”
To update the snippet:
- Go to the “Edit” screen for that page
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page until you see the section called “Yoast SEO”
3. Click “Edit snippet”
4. Scroll down and update the text in the “Meta description” box. The line underneath will turn green when you have reached the ideal number of words.
5. Click “Close snippet editor”
6. Scroll back up and click “Update”
You won’t see the results in Google or other search engines until they crawl your page again. If you would like Google to re-crawl your page sooner, please let me know.
To learn more about what the snippet is and why you need to update it, go to the tutorial: The importance of the meta description or “snippet”.